I am miracle
I am created by God and made in His Image
There is something broken within us.
In our human-ness and in our frailty: There is a wrestling, there is an emptiness, & there is a brokenness within.
Ultimately this life is about more than ME….more than what I can accomplish on my own.
The problem of ME is really the problem of SIN.
-acts of sin
-nature of sin
Jesus isn’t speaking of simply being alive, but what FILLS our life
o Symptoms of a taste of death
▪ constant worry, fear, anxiety)
▪ we can’t be ourselves….we have to hide
▪ we lack true joy
In His mercy, He does not give us what we do deserve, and in His grace He gives us what we do not deserve.
This life is possible when we recognize it’s beyond ME, it’s only found in Christ
More Than Me begins with a prayer…
1. “I can’t do it” (It’s more than Me, more than what I can do on my own)
2. “God, you can do it” (God is capable…He CAN fill us with real life now and for eternity)
3. “I turn from DEATH” (the taste of death I am currently experiencing…the worry, shame, fear…I REPENT and turn from that life)
4. “God, fill me with your LIFE” (Only God can bring me true life)